Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Let's talk about the Bills!

Two days later and I am not fully prepared to talk about what I witnessed first hand Monday Night. However, I am hoping this will be a cathartic experience, so here goes:
I am not going to talk about the Xs and Os except to say that the offense was putridly coached. If I was a player, I would feel absolutely let down by my coaches. This effect is already apparent by Lee Evans recent thoughts on the quarterback "controversy" in Buffalo. In Evans' opinion it should be J.P.'s job. However, last I checked Leave it to Lee is not a coach. Does anyone think that Peyton Manning comments on Tony Dungy's depth chart? Lee has exhibited what many Bills fans are as well...absolutely no faith in their coaching staff. When you are a team as talent starved as the Bills your coaches simply cannot be responsible for 2 losses. Amazingly, the Bills should be 3-2, instead they stare at 1-4 and another year without the playoffs.

Driving home with my disgruntled friends we listened to Dick Jauron's press conference with hope that Dick would recognize that he was an idiot for calling a pass on third down in the fourth quarter, in the red zone, with a rookie quarterback, after Marshawn had just broke one for 10+, when a field goal would put you up 11 points, and to show that he learned from the last time the Bills called a pass on third down when they just needed to run out the clock (the no time remaining loss to the Broncos). Unsurprisingly, Dick defended his call to universal groans from the dejected, dispirited, and completely crestfallen Bills faithful. My second major hope from the press conference also did not come to fruition, and that was for Dick to simply say, "We are who we thought they were," and simply walk out, drive to his Alma Mater Yale, and go read some books on sucking at life. I mean seriously look at him.

In all honesty, Bills fans should take a step back and appreciate that we put on a great show for a national audience. Everyone thought the Bills were going to get whipped, but they showed a lot of spunk. Hopefully, it wont be another 13 years before Monday Night Football returns. I know that is loser talk. Part of the "great show" the Bills put on was losing in a way only the Bills and Arizona Cardinals could pull off, but still, at this point I'll take pretty much anything for the national media to notice the Bills.

Other things on my mind:

- Is there anything worse than people at the gym that just stack 45s on the leg press machine? These people think they look cool with their big stack, but they are pathetic and too pussy to do squats like a real man. I'm sure if questioned they would give me some shit about their knees being bad NEWS FLASH doing 14 plates on leg press probably not the best idea then.

- Why does ESPN continually blow Tony Romo? His overexposure is nauseating. He is famous for dating that blonde girl, fumbling an extra point, and now throwing five picks on Monday Night. If he was playing for the Kansas City Chiefs nobody would care about Romo.

- I don't understand why it is Joe Torre's fault that the Yankees lose. How does he control Wang imploding, or Jeter and A-Rod's plate problems? Perhaps the Yankees do need a change, but the Indians series did not come down to Torre keeping a pitcher in for too long, or juggling his lineup in a strange way, it came down to the Indians being a better team at that point in time.

1 comment:

Average at Best said...

That was some sweet photoshopping. Also I don't like people who stack the leg press machine and then leave that shit on there. Makes it tough for skinnies like me who only use about 4 total. You know, 2 on each side.