Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Please Stay Out of Jail Bills

James Hardy, the Bills second round pick, allegedly pointed a gun at his father. Marshawn Lynch allegedly hit a girl at 3:30 a.m. in downtown Buffalo. Are the Bills the new Bengals? I hope not.

The only logical thing I could think to do to stave off having to think about Marshawn's possible legal problems is a presentation of the Bills jerseys through the years.









This is just a small selection, but I think it demonstrates how bad ass the old jerseys are compared to the uber lame four different colored disasters that the Bills wear these days (not counting the glorious throwbacks). The Bills have two different color blues on their helmet stripe, along with red and white. I am extremely color blind and I know that doesnt look right. If you look back the Bills kept things simple---red, white, and blue. The best, most respectable NFL Jerseys are the simple ones. The Packers, Bears, Steelers and Raiders have virtually no change in their jerseys in the Super Bowl era. I understand that the Bills are in a small market and new jersey designs usually create a spike in jersey sales, but still the greatest spike in jersey sales is drafting and signing competent players. The Bills have not excelled in this area to be sure.

If I had my way I would just have them wear their original jerseys all the time. The thought of the Bills wearing white throwbacks with Buffalo Blue pants (or even white pants) is enough to give me Colbie Caillat style tingles that start at my toes. Wow that is really not masculine. Something that IS masculine though is zubaz pants. I wish the NFL would give them back their licensing deal because though cool, the Zubaz now are single color and more zebra than Zubaz.

I loved the Jim Kelly era Bills uniforms but would be okay with relegating THEM to the alternates, as opposed to the way it is now. I am NOT a fan of the 1994 red helmets with red jerseys. That is almost as bad as when the Giants wear red jerseys with their blue helmets with no red on them, or when the Dolphins where their orange jerseys.








The Bills current jerseys reprsent nothing but perpetual putridity. A change is in order please. Also, Bills, please, please, stay out of jail.


No comments: