Monday, December 15, 2008

Extension!

ESPN and local Buffalo Radio are reporting Dick Jauron (see above) has signed a three year extension. Words really can't express my feelings right now. To reward a coach for consistently mismanaging the clock, squandering legitimate talent, and losing close games is beyond comprehension. Now I am not one of the many delusional Buffalonians who start their message board posts with pathetic cries of "I quit being a Bills fan." The People who make such outlandish statements usually have post names like "Beelze4eva," "Iluvbills," "BB2daGrave," and "SchoebelsHUGEsack," well maybe not the last one, but anyway though I am not one of those silly Bills fans I think you can still be critical of your team and love them unconditionally. Do I wish they wouldn't have extended Dick Jauron? Of course, but its now a fact. Always the optimist I have noted that the Bills have locked up last place in the AFC East even if they win out meaning next year's opponents will include the Bengals and the Chiefs/Raiders...we can beat them next year right?

Monday Thoughts
- The Bucs went from possible first round bye to having to fight for their playoff lives in the tough NFC. I have a merchandise bet with a buddy from high school. If the Bucs finish with a better record than the New Orleans Saints then I receive a Bucs jersey of his choice. If the Saints beat out the Bucs he gets a Saints jersey. With the Saints loss I clinched at least a tie, its kind of a shame though because I really wanted to see the look on his face when I gave him an authentic black Aaron Brooks Saints jersey.

- The Patriots legitimately could finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs. The Pats with wins against the Cards and Bills would finish 11-5, but would need help from the Ravens and Jets/Dolphins who all hold tiebreakers over the Pats (all based on AFC Conference record).

- The NFL's "indisputable evidence" standard needs to be more clearly defined. Obviously there was not "indisputable" evidence that Santonio Holmes was in the end zone last night during the Steelers/Ravens game. Referees should be instructed to stick with the call on the field, the human call, when a play is inconclusive.

- I would just like to note that both of my fantasy football teams are playing in the Fantasy Super Bowl this year. People laughed at me for selecting Chris Johnson in around the sixth round. I am laughing now. It also helps to have Andre Johnson and Michael Turner playing absolutely brolick. I do fear that Michael Turner is getting too many carries and will end up like Larry Johnson.

- I simply cannot wait to pick up my Marshall's JP Losman jersey.

- The New York Giants peaked too early. I always seem to be doubting the Giants and then they end up proving me wrong, but its entirely possible for the Giants to lose to the Panthers and Vikings and end up being the NFC's 4 seed. A Panthers win next week gives them homefield. Coupled with a Vikings win next week, the Giants and Vikings would be playing for a bye week on the season's final week.

3 comments:

QB Eagles said...

I need one of those Losman jerseys. All you can get at our Marshalls are T.O. and Iverson Jerseys.

Average at Best said...

That's better than the Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, William Green (which I own), and Ricky Davis jerseys at Cleveland Marshalls.

QB Eagles said...

Nothing wrong with a Courtney Brown jersey..I'd want one of those.