Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It Almost Happened Again...


Last night, at around 8:00 pm, I sat down on the couch and got ready to enjoy what should have been a great night for Philadelphia sports. The Eagles of course were on MNF and the Phillies, who are trying to finish one game out for the third straight season, were on as well. After 30 minutes, the score was Phillies 6 Cardinals 0. Obviously at this point, I thought that the Phillies had this game in hand so I turned in to watch the Eagles whip the Skins.

At halftime of the Eagles game, I decided to check out the Phillies post game report to see how their win went. Instead of seeing Phillies legend Mitch Williams (think 93 World Series and Joe Carter) running his mouth, I saw 6 fingered Antonio Alfonseca pitching. How could this be? It was after 10:00!! It only happens to a team that blows an 11-0 lead in the 6th inning. More accurately, it only happens to a team from Philadelphia. Normally, upon seeing such a score I would have began screaming about firing Charlie Manuel and outright cutting Jimmy Rollins from the team. But this time, I just decided to watch and see how it would all unfold. Luckily the Phillies "came back" to win, which allowed me to now enjoy the rest of the Eagles game.

Well, as you all saw, the Eagles suck. They keep losing players to injury. McNabb looks terrible. The WRs can't catch the ball. Basically they are a slightly better version of the Giants. I would just like to point out that after Week 2, the standing of our teams look like this:

Cleveland: 1-1
Buffalo: 0-2
Philly: 0-2
NY Giants: 0-2

Pathetic. I am sick now.

No comments: