Thursday, September 13, 2007

Wide Right


Dear B-Rad:

I honestly wonder how the city of Buffalo can exist after four straight Super Bowl defeats. How does a man recover from that, let alone an entire city? Is there a mass grave somewhere with broken-hearted fans?

Yes, I cried about my Giants here the other day and I sort of feel sorry for myself, but don't get me wrong, I truly pity Bills fans. Unfortunately no amount of pity can buy a championship.

And yes, the Giants did win two Super Bowls during my formative years as a football fan (age 4 and age 8). But what I wouldn't give to experience that as a 20-something year old. Part of me actually believes I will. Not you. Bills fans are the affable but hum-drum friend at the bar who knows he's going home with his right hand.

Must suck to be a Bills fan.

Your friend,

Scott Norwood

No comments: