Monday, September 17, 2007

What the F**k? The Tecmo Browns?


Seriously, what the fuck Browns? How many people are on suicide watch right now because the Browns cost them a mortgage payment on their houses? Who the fuck cares?? The Browns actually won a game! I have reason to watch football for another week.

In what is most likely the most improbable win of the season, the Browns put up 51 points against the Bengals. This is the same squad that looked great against the Ravens (who are 1-1) on Monday night last week. And these are the same Browns that got decimated by the Steelers in week 1.

This was a game of Tecmo Bowl that saw 1,085 yards of total offense, a point total of 96, and absolutely no defense whatsoever. When it came down to it both teams pushed up and A on the controller and threw bombs. I think its safe to say the defensive coordinators were monkeys with crayons and construction paper. I seriously thought I saw Leon Hall scratch himself and throw some feces on one play.

There are three major setbacks to this fiasco. First, I picked the Bengals in my pick 'em league and assigned their win the most amount of points. Whatever. Second, Carson Palmer kicked my ass in BOTH of my fantasy leagues. In one league, which I have no idea why I joined, with a QB favored scoring system, Palmer scored 80 points. 80 goddamn points! Matt Shaub had a great day and only came up with about 27. Fuck!!

The third setback isn't really a setback. Its more of an enjoyable farce. This win puts playoff talk back on Cleveland radio. Seriously. I'm not kidding. The same people who didn't give the Indians the time of day in spring training have the balls to predict that the 2007 Browns will make the playoffs. In the AFC North of all divisions. I love this town.
____________________________________________________________________

Other NFL News and Notes:

  • Neil Rackers last second field goal cemented him as the official holder of "The Rack-Attack!!" nickname.
  • The Texans are quickly becoming an AFC Cinderalla. I mean whoever would have thought that a change at quarterback would be the key in making or breaking a team? Oh yeah, the same team that drafted Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. Yeah, that's played out, but really, David Carr wasn't good. And now it makes fans in Atlanta wonder what would have happened if Vick stayed injured, or went to jail earlier.
  • Buffalo needs to win some games. The excuse for being a young team only goes so far. I admit that the Steelers were probably too much of a match for Buffalo in Pittsburgh. They have the talent to win games in the AFC and need to start closing teams like Denver out.
  • The Giants are bad. And their quarterback's name is Elisha. I'm not joking. Look at Eli Manning's player card on ESPN. I was checking the NFL injury report for last minute fantasy roster moves and noticed this great bit of information. Eat it Giants fans. Anything to stick it to a New York team.
  • The Bucs will win the NFC South. Hey Jeff Garcia, did you decide to take a year off when you played for Cleveland? Maybe you just couldn't handle the manly weather up here. If it smells like a rat...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Ravens are 1-1.

Average at Best said...

Good catch. I gave myself 5 bamboo cane lashes for that. With smelling salts tied to my nose so T wouldn't pass out.