Thursday, January 29, 2009

Something we already knew, but...

Peter King is retarded. And lazy. Observe:

“I think I wish the NFL would stop using the Roman numerals. Call it Super Bowl 43, not XLIII. Who knows what XLIII is, and who will know what XLIV is next year? Is that 44 in Roman numerals?”

I happen to like the Roman numerals, and “Super Bowl 43” just looks cheesy. If you aren’t going to use the Roman numerals, why even bother? Just call it the Super Bowl. Maybe I’m just an elitist, but I’m pretty sure that most people know the Roman numeral system, or at least re-learn it every January. If I could learn it in fifth grade, it can't be that difficult. Traditions shouldn’t be stopped just because people are too stupid to understand them.

1 comment:

B-Rad said...

I totally agree. When I read this today I wanted to punch King in the face.

Roman numerals are part of the tradition of the Super Bowl. I don't think the NFL is going to get rid of them either. If it stuck with them through the amount of numerals in Super Bowl XXXVIII then they have to stick with them for the foreseeable future.

If anything its a good way for kids to know roman numerals.

F you Peter King.